CircleMe (Cascaad) – Web Front-End Engineer
[If interested, or to know more about this position, please contact us at
We are looking for a talented web front-end engineer to evolve our CircleMe web application. Does the challenge of working on a state-of-the-art social site which can potentially impact positively millions of users excite you? Are you passionate about using the latest front-end technologies, including JQuery tools and Rails, to write tight well tested code? If so, we’ve got the right position for you!
You will work closely with the Product, Engineering and UI team to gather requirements and rapidly iterate on them as you develop new features and projects. This is your opportunity to take your passion for Web app coding and work on an outstanding and innovative product that can change the way people express their cultural tastes and discover new things to do.
The position is full-time. Location for this role is: MILAN, Italy.
Your responsibilities at CircleMe will be to:
- Collaborate with product, back-end engineering, and operations to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for new features
- Design, test, develop, and deploy production-ready web apps using Ruby on Rails
- Coordinate with the engineering team to ensure the necessary services are exposed in our Rails environment
- 4+ years experience building web applications in a production environment
- 3+ years experience writing and maintaining code in an interpreted language such as Ruby, Perl, PHP, Python, etc.
- 1 year experience developing in the Rails framework
- Demonstrated self management ability to organize yourself through the completion of all phases of a major project
- Ability to effectively interact with product managers and other organizational units such as UI designers and operations
- Strong understanding of the client side performance, reliability and cross-platform compatibility aspects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Proven aptitude developing web applications leveraging XML/JSON based RESTful APIs.
Working understanding of web app security server and client side (XSS, SQLi, CSRF and other acronyms)
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
Proficiency in English
Foosball/table football/biliardino/calcio balilla/ skills may be helpful
Want to apply?
Send us an email at
(No recruiters please!)
- Your resume/CV
- A cover letter